The ABC and Sheffield City Council have signed up a new Lead Authority Partnership (LAP) with Sheffield City Council. The main contact person at Sheffield City Council Environmental Health Department:
Mr Steven Longden
Tel: 0114 2734653
The representative of the ABC is
Tel: 0114 2796331
The purpose of the partnership is to
- Help maintain Safety Standards in ABC member walls.
- Ensure Consistency of enforcement by Enforcing Authorities.
- A point of contact for enforcing authorities to discuss any issues related to climbing walls and their operation.
- Provide a forum for discussion.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Trade Association (in this case the ABC).
- The ABC will work with Sheffield City Council.
- Share health & Safety Information .
- Members should recognise that each centre is responsible for complying with health & safety legislation .
- Members of the ABC should not rely on Sheffield City Council as an advocate when in breach of Health & Safety Legislation.
- Complete Openness regarding the performance on health & safety matters.
Sheffield City Council.
- Advise members of the ABC on compliance with new and existing legislation.
- Sheffield City Council will act as a point of contact for other enforcing agencies on matters that affect the organisation and members.
- Will discuss with the ABC any matters, which demonstrate failings in existing health & safety policy.
Memorandum of understanding
Download Memorandum of Understanding